This year’s tournament is a celebration of the tremendous spirit that the community has shown to us for over 22 years.
Our goal for today is for everyone to have an outstanding experience of playing golf on a world class course with friends and colleagues, enjoy some good food and drink together, and visit with our amazing group of Concordia’s supporters and sponsors. Our campaign goal for this tournament is to raise funds for our “Heart of Care” Campaign which will fully renovate OR #5 so that we can work through the surgical backlog for hip and knee joint replacement surgery.
Our friends at CJNU will broadcast live from Elmhurst with our own Frank Stecky as the morning host with special guests Basil Evan from Concordia and “Johnny Mac” as co-host. Please stop by and say hello and enjoy the tunes.
Our Registration and Welcome desk is sponsored by Sherry Sukkau, Chair of the Board of Concordia Hospital. She will be joined by volunteers Judi and Jenn and you will be greeted by members of the golf committee.
When you pick up your scorecard, remember to thank GTP - Gislason Targownik Peters – Certified Public Accounts for keeping us honest today! Say hello to Brian and Robert who are playing on Team 14A.
Register your team. Buy tickets for the number of prize draws and 50-50 cash.
If you have pre-ordered your Super Packs online you can pick them up when you register
Enjoy breakfast in the Clubhouse with a number of hearty choices including a vegetarian option. Breakfast is courtesy of Derksen Manitoba – Keeping the water and heat on in Winnipeg since the 1950’s and supporting Concordia for the past 20 years.
- Please be in or near your cart by 8:45 for the opening remarks from Elmhurst Pro Matt Lorenz. Carts today are provided courtesy of CIBC and are well stocked with water, courtesy of Lawton Partners. Please thank our friends from CIBC for their continued support of this tournament.
- Our Shuttle Drivers will be around the course all day in case of emergency such as a medical emergency, cart breakdown or any other issues.
- Pizza ! Thanks to Boston Pizza’s promo team, food delivery starts at 11 am. We will be on the course to make sure everyone is fed as well as being stationed at the clubhouse from 11 am to 1 pm. A choice of individual pizzas are available and include a vegetarian option as well as pepperoni and bacon ranch.
- Water is available all-day courtesy of Lawton Partners and Concordia Physiotherapy. The Beverage Cart is sponsored by SMS Engineering and our Beer Sponsor is courtesy Nor-Tech Parking Systems who are valued partners with the Foundation in managing our parking systems at the hospital.
There are a number of contests on the course with some amazing prizes.
- Hole #1: Make your memories courtesy of PCL Construction leaders and Impressions by Hes. Stop by for your Team Photos, individual photos or a candid shot or two. We will email your photos to you courtesy of our volunteers Helga and Leslie and photographer Heather.
- Hole #4: Welcome Scotia Bank as our hole sponsor. Take a minute and guess the number of tees for a prize and see if you can make it “Closest to the Pin”. Thank you Scotia Bank – Megan, Ashley and Will for your support as a first time sponsor.
- Hole #5: Imperial Flooring has a ring toss with a gift card prize. Thank you to our sponsors from Imperial Flooring with over 25 years of quality in flooring for residential and commercial customers. Come and meet up with Deana and Jolene and say hello!
- Hole #8: Birchwood Automotive Group is back with their Hole-in-One Contest with a chance to win a two year lease on a 2022 Ford Mustang Premium. The vehicle will be on the course. Good luck !
- Hole #10: Welcomes the Concordia Child Care Centre back. Did you know that the Concordia Foundation operates this busy day care centre for the Concordia staff children. And that we have 34 delightful and creative youngsters who range in ages 1-5?
- Guess the number of Lego’s they used in their creation. for a chance to win a first and second prize. A beautiful gift basket and photo session from Impressions by HES and a Manitoba Gift Basket courtesy of Royce Finley RoyalLePAGE Canada’s Real Estate Company.
- Hole #11 welcomes Apollo Flooring back! Kim and Alisha will have water and treats for you as well as a pinwheel spin game with some awesome prizes as well.
- Hole #14 welcome Polaris as a first time sponsor of a hole in one contest. Norm Sukkau is your host and sponsor for this content at a chance to win a new Polaris ATV which will be on display. Good luck !
- Hole #17 welcomes Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. on Reenders who are back as a long-time supporter of the Concordia Classic. Lacey and Yash will greet you with snacks and a golfer gift and challenge you to “Guess the Tees” for a prize and see if you can come “Closest to the Line”.
Your Super Pack allows you to enter both putting contests
7:30 am to 1:30 pm
Back by popular demand is “Shoot from the Hip” sponsored by Orthopedic Innovation Centre (OIC) and Operation Walk Manitoba. We have volunteers from OIC and Operation Walk with us. Shout out to volunteers Judi, Andrea, Sarah and Judd ! Try your best to slide or putt a femur ball nearest to the circle. The highest score will win $200 of gift cards for a ‘date night’ courtesy of Autoland.
7:30 am to 1:30 pm
“Concordia Putting” provides you with a chance to win $200 of gift cards for a ‘date night’ courtesy of Autoland. Use your putter to test your skill. Loren and Lawrence will be there to welcome you.
Credit Cards preferred but we will take cash!
For only $35 you have 3 mulligans as well as entrance to our two putting contests. In addition, there will be a prize draw at 3:00 with your Super Pack number will be entered into a random draw at 3:00 pm. Prizes up for grabs include:
- A deluxe night courtesy of Inn at the Forks includes a deluxe room, $50 gift card for Smith restaurant, $100 gift card for Riverstone Spa and four passes to the Canadian Museum of Human Rights.
- A staycation in the new luxury Hyatt Hotel in south Winnipeg close to IKEA and the outlet mall. Thanks to the amazing team at the Hyatt.
- Join three of your friends for a day trip courtesy of Crow Duck Lake Camp for a day of guided fishing in the Whiteshell. Courtesy of Bill at Crow Duck Lake Camp.
- A look back at the Rolling Stones! A double pass to attend the Rolling Stones Unzipped This is t courtesy of CJNU. Plan your visit at 393 Portage Avenue. Time slots are for 60 minutes and runs to September 4th.
For only $20 you have 25 chances to win some amazing prizes. Or 2 cards for only $30 which gives you 50 chances to win! A bargain and a good cause.
Buy as many auction cards as you wish for the greatest chance to win. Buy your card of tickets and then put your tickets into the bags that are labeled for each prize. You can increase your chance of winning the prize you choose by the number of tickets you put in each bag.
The draw will be made by our Manager of Spiritual Care, Justin Eisinga and our auditor, Brian Derksen from GTP starting at 3:15. You know that this will be an honest draw!
Proceeds from this draw go 100% toward the OR #5 fundraising project.
Cards will be for sale starting at 7:30 am and on the course all day. Last minute card sales will be held up to 3:00 pm in the clubhouse.
- “Make Aviation History” not only do you get a double pass for the new Royal Aviation Museum that just opened at Richardson International Airport and you have the opportunity to experience aerobatic ride in the Excel 3000 with an experience aerobatic pilot from Harv’s Air Inverted. You will never be the same after that. “The Ride of Your Life” . Experience a pulse-pounding thrill ride you will remember.
- The Fairmont Hotel offers a night out in the Royal Alexandra Suite plus a $200 dining credit in the Velvet Glove. Courtesy of CJNU and the Fairmont.
- A deluxe basket of fine wine and food curated by the experienced staff at Jones and Company with $100 value.
- Enjoy a game in the Sky Suite in the 2023 Season with the Winnipeg Goldeyes. Courtesy of CJNU and the Goldeyes.
- Quarks shoes have something for every foot. Gift card valued at $200 for Quarks courtesy of Sindy Lien of SLK Solutions.
A first aid kit that will come in handy for your car, plane, house or workshop. Courtesy of Concordia Community Pharmacy.
You also have a chance to win cash! Get your 50-50 raffle tickets at the sales desk starting at 7:30 with the final sale at 2:45 pm and the draw at 3:15.
License # LGCA-11431-SOR Tickets $2 each or 3 / $5
Credit Cards preferred but we will take cash!
This year the 19th Hole Wrap Up Party will be in the Clubhouse with a number of delicious food stations that range from perogies, sliders, a noodle bar, a cheese and fruit bar and deserts from the Break Away Café at Concordia. Vegetarian options are available.
Special thanks to Gerry Harms and the team at Winnipeg Building and Decorating for the 19th Hole!
Music and perhaps a spontaneous sing-along with Tate Hiebert who is part of our spiritual care team and entertains our patients and residents with song, guitar and a lot of joy.
Come on in when your game is finished and relax on the deck and lounge. Food Stations will be available from 2:30 to 4:00 pm. A Beer Station will be set up courtesy of NorTech Parking Systems, our beer sponsor.
Prize draws will be announced by our hosts, Basil Evans and Frank Stecky including the 50-50 cash draw, Super Pack Prizes and Rainbow Auction Draws.
This tournament would never happen without the tremendous support of our committee who work together all winter to plan this event. They are hard at work planning 2023 already!
Gerry Harms, Winnipeg Building and Decorating and Concordia Foundation Board Member
Leroy Peters, Carefree Concierge and Concordia Foundation Vice President
Korey Dyck, Spiritual Care team at Concordia Hospital
Basil Evan, Quality Patient Safety and Accreditation at Concordia Hospital
Ernie Goetz, Facilities Manager, Concordia Village
Theresa Jachnycky, Gateway Autobody
Wade Harms, Special Projects, PCL Constructors
Sindy Lien, SLK Solutions
John MacLise, CJNU
Frank Stecky, CJNU, Concordia Foundation Board Member
Andy Zhao, Kothari Group and Hyatt Hotel South
Sue Barkman, Executive Director